About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of art and design, business and technology of the State University of New York, invites applications for the position of Part Time Technologist C.
Work as part of a team of department technologists to assist faculty and students with safe and appropriate equipment usage. Provide students with advice and guidance on production and fabrication methods. Develop and conduct equipment usage demonstrations. Respond to questions, set up and operate equipment and materials for classroom and open lab settings.
Maintain, store, inventory and deliver tools and equipment as required. Maintain MSDS safety sheets for chemicals and supplies in department. Participate in the execution of student display and exhibition installations. Research and recommend tools and equipment to meet evolving safety standards and current industry practices. Work with suppliers and service providers. Provide regular status reports to the department Chairperson.
This is a general description and is not to be construed as all-inclusive.
• Bachelor’s Degree from accredited post-secondary institution in related area.
• 5+ years of related professional experience.
• Experience with woodworking and basic carpentry tools including table and panel saws, band saw, routers, and other power tools.
• Must have working knowledge of current safety and compliance standards and practices.
• Must be able to manage an active facility, maintain tools and equipment, and institute safety procedures with faculty and students.
• Must have ability to communicate with suppliers and vendors.
Department: Visual Presentation and Exhibition Design (VPED)
Days & Hours: 20hrs.per week (please note this position is for a 9 month period)
Salary: $29.34 per hour/schedule 91/0
*Schedule subject to change based on the needs of the Department.
For consideration, please submit the following documents online
* Cover letter
* A list of three professional references with telephone numbers and email addresses
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT’s website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu. Returning Applicants – Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
[JOB] Visual Pres & Exhibit Design Staff, Fashion Institute of Technology (Part Time)
More from JobMore posts in Job »
- JOB: Tenure-track position in Multimedia Arts (3D/Immersive/Interactive Media) at Loyola Marymount University
- JOB: NYU College and Career Lab Undergraduate Advisors
- JOB: Freelance Senior / Lead UX Designer @ boutique agency
- JOB: NYU Visiting Assistant Professor of Media, Culture, and Communication Non-Tenure Track
- JOBS: Exhibit Fabricator, Experience Designer, & Developer (Unity) Positions at Ideum