Program Manager & Office Coordinator
RoboFun / Vision Education & Media is a growing company that provides creative programs to youth in technology and multimedia. Our cutting edge use of technology allows students to create projects that are meaningful to them, from building and programming robots to designing video games and claymations.
VEM is seeking a Program Manager and Office Coordinator to join our growing team. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in managing programs, with outstanding organizational and communication capabilities. In addition to managing programs this position also contains back office support responsibilities. This person will have an opportunity to impact the overall growth strategy of RoboFun, and must have an entrepreneurial spirit. This is a full time position. The Program Manager reports to Director of Program Operations. The company is based on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
• Develop, follow up and close sales of programs in public and independent schools in the New York City area.
• Seek out new clients, follow up politely and persistently to grow our fee based business.
• Travel throughout the New York City area to meet with current clients and pitch our programs to new schools. Travel is about 20% of the position. A car is helpful but not necessary.
• Maintain all communication with clients for all ongoing fee based programs from the point of sale to the conclusion of the club.
• Create flyers and attend meetings with school personnel to assist schools in recruitment for our programs.
• Prepare materials needed for each club. Prior to club’s first session, drop off materials; at the conclusion of each club, pick up materials and return them to the office.
• Install software needed to run each club.
• Report regularly to the Company President, Directors of Program Operations and Business Operations as to the status of your projects.
• Participate in functions such as school fairs, science fairs, and information nights at each school. Meet students, parents, teachers and staff in support of the school and our programs.
• Work closely with the Director of Business Operations to deliver, track and invoice all services related to each fee-based project.
• Learn the basics of our curriculums.
• Be a highly informed advocate of all RoboFun’s programs.
• Perform clerical duties 10 – 15 hours a week including but not limited to: answering phones, filing, preparing lesson materials, managing equipment inventory, meeting and greeting RoboFun customers.
• Assisting teaching
• BA Degree.
• 1 -3 years experience working in a small business or education environment: this could be in a full time sales or teaching or supplemental education position.
• Passion for teaching and learning.
• Excellent in influencing diverse stakeholders – with tact and tenacity.
• Outstanding track record in quality and customer satisfaction.
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills, highly responsive, timely and accurate in providing internal and external clients pertinent information.
• Strong business acumen; ability to understand business requirements of a customer-focused organization, focused on pragmatic solutions within the context of a school environment.
• Outstanding project, planning and time management skills, including prioritization and multi-tasking in a fast- paced organization and a complex client organization.
• Excellent influencing, cooperation and negotiation skills and the ability to use those capabilities appropriately with clients and staff.
• Outstanding track record of success in balancing competing priorities.
• Technology savvy and excellent in Microsoft Office.
• Highly professional with a positive attitude and an entrepreneurial ethos.
There are many great benefits to a career at RoboFun. We are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment with successful, results-oriented, creative and dedicated employees who are part of a team. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you will enjoy joining a team-oriented, community minded and customer focused atmosphere while you work. Please visit our website for more information: robofun.org
Join an organization where you can see the results of your efforts every day! Please forward you resume, salary requirements and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should be Program Manager and Office Coordinator Position. Only candidates who submit both a cover letter and resume will be considered. Vision Media & Education requires background checks and computer literacy tests for final candidates. Vision Education & Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.