|This internship is for Summer 2014
Are you a person who is driven to make things that are smart and beautiful? Do you constantly search for new opportunities to apply your design skills and architectural intelligence to real world challenges? Are you an unstoppable maker and sketcher, the kind of person who can’t stop thinking about a problem until you’ve finally created just the right solution? Are you obsessed with exploring incredibly complex problems and breaking them down into their constituent parts? Do you strive to connect human understanding to strategy and strategy to design, so that the way things look is purposeful and in service of peoples’ needs and motivations? Do you love to experiment with the newest design tools and methodologies to see how they can be applied to practice?
Interns will participate on project teams in service strategy and experience design. You will learn about the role of customer research in our work, sharpen your skills in rapid-prototyping and iterative design, and help us define signature customer experiences for our clients.
Skills and Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in architecture, interior design, urban planning, or related field.
- Proficiency in tools for architectural and visual design, such as: Photoshop, Illustrator, AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, 3D Max, Rhino and Revit.
- Strong 2D and 3D visualization and sketching skills.
- Excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills: we work in teams.
- Proactive attitude toward your work, particularly in understanding and communicating spatial concepts.
- Comfort analyzing and designing complex systems.
- Passion for learning new things and experimentation.
- Participate in customer research and analysis of this research, to arrive at strategy.
- Help generate and articulate design ideas that embody the strategy.
- Support the development of environmental design and service concepts through the generation of sketches, collages, narratives, models, films, etc.
- Iterate happily and creatively in search of a solution to a well-defined concept.
- Immerse in current trends in architecture, technology, and the retail marketplace.
- Join in and enhance our culture of deep empathy, curiosity, and passion for making.
Interns may split their time between client project work, Continuum marketing efforts, and internal research initiatives.
Location: West Newton, Massachusetts, USA
Internship Term: ~12 weeks (January, May/June, September start dates)
What to Submit: Cover letter, resume, digital portfolio (web link or PDF)
Please note that internships may require a visa or other documentation; you should determine the necessary requirements by contacting the respective consulate prior to submitting your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Continuum is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.