Help us design and launch more award winning toys and educational products! Exercise your creative and critical-thinking skills while supporting the development effort of new products within assigned brands and/or product lines.
Our Product Development Associate at Educational Insights in Gardena, CA will manage the execution of new products as well as supporting existing products under the supervision of the Product Manager.
– Work with the relevant Product Manager to develop selected products including but not limited to ideation, sourcing, managing vendors and vendor communications, preparing detailed RFQs, developing content, managing outside development resources, collaborating with other functional teams, meeting or beating agreed upon schedules and budgets, etc.
– Support brand/product line strategy. Includes evaluating brand/line strengths and weaknesses, confirming that brand/line continues to support the overall EI brand and supports current needs of our customers and end users.
– Work with key individuals to ensure that all new and current products are being effectively marketed to customers and end-users.
– Contribute to concept and presentation development of new products for yearly line review process.
– Stay abreast of current education and toy market needs and trends especially as they affect areas of responsibility.
– Assist with product revamps as needed.
– Other duties for this role will be assigned as necessary/appropriate.
– Bachelor’s Degree
– 0-3 years of product management experience
– Dedicated to and capable of creating products relevant to today’s kids, parents, and teachers.
– Able to meet multiple, challenging deadlines and manage tight budgets.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office
– Creative problem solving skills
– Able to recognize when to seek help
– Experience collaborating with other functional teams (Creative, Q and S, Purchasing) to maximize results.
– Able to analyze basic financial data for assigned brands and/or categories and to make strategic recommendations that support overall EI brand goals.
– Able to effectively communicate with key stakeholders including colleagues, executive team, vendors, and customers.
– Able to travel up to10% for trade shows, conferences, and presentations
Contact: Ann Willits, Director of Talent Acquisition