If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 60 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Digital Communication Specialist, P-3, New York
|Vacancy No: E-VN-2014-000822
Duty Station: New York
Country: United States of America
Region: NY HQ
|Job Level: P-3
Application Close: 02-May-14
Contract Type: Long-term Staff (FT)
Purpose of the Position
As part of the Digital Strategy Section, under the guidance of the Chief, the Digital Product Manager is responsible for the timely development and production of digital products to advance UNICEF’s mandate and to best profile the story of children’s rights and international development to achieve child rights. Emphasis is on the coordination of project participants from clients to DOC managers to element producers, identifying resources, cultivating professional relationships, and monitoring of UNICEF policies and programmes.
Key Expected Results
1. Define and implement a product lifecycle for digital platforms at UNICEF. Plan, research, and produce digital products for multiplatform web, social media and multimedia on UNICEF priority subjects, coordinating with HQ and field communication and programme colleagues, UN and other partner organizations, and freelance producers.
2. As relevant for product management, coordinate and assign the work of cross-functional project-based teams including consultants, web producers, multimedia editors, social media staff, managing workload, organizational expectations, and product resources – especially budgets.
3. Conceptualize, research and advise on the latest trends in new technology industry standards, best practices and benchmarks based on expertise and available business intelligence, including new emerging digital platforms, to maximize strategic digital engagement.
4. Initiate and develop relationships within UNICEF and with outside partners to produce digital products on priority themes and initiatives, including the contracting of vendors, producers or companies, as needed, and the preparation of appropriate formats and language versions as required.
5. Develop and maintain a roster of qualified consultants and vendors for product assignments, as needed. Prepare contracts related to the timely and cost-effective production of digital products, as needed.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Advanced university degree in social sciences, management, project management, information technology, communication, journalism, public relations, or other related discipline or equivalent working experience in progressively responsible professional work in communication/information fields.*
Five years of relevant work experience in communication/information fields. Experience in technology and creation of websites; web-savvy is an absolute requirement. Prior project management experience working on website/software development projects, especially working on projects of similar scale, involving multiple users and groups. Experience working with various project management methodologies. Experience working with content management a plus.
Fluency in English. Knowledge of another UN official language an asset.
*A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
Has highest-level communication skills, including engaging and informative formal public speaking.
Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
Sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals.
Has good leadership and supervisory skills; co-ordinates group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear.
Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups; maintains an effective network of individuals across organizational departments.
Translates strategic direction into plans and objectives.
Negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities.
Demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise.
Seeks and proposes opportunities for advancing UNICEF’s mission.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.