CONCEPT DESIGN INTERNS, MYANMAR
Passionate about user experience design? Love prototyping? Looking for international experience?
Studio D Radiodurans is looking to hire two interns for a six week project in Myanmar, to working alongside Jan Chipchase and an international team, in conjunction with local partner Proximity Designs.
The project will design and prototype services that meet the banking needs of the poor, based on insights from an earlierresearch phase written up on GigaOm (frog is dropped as a project partner for this next phase).
The ideal candidate will have:
- Interaction design and service design experience.
- Interest in designing for social impact.
- A general understanding of design research and in making research-based design decisions.
- Physical and digital prototyping skills.
- Flexibility in work schedule and approach.
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- The ability to sketch and rapidly communicate ideas visually.
- Comfort working in emerging markets / developing countries.
The team have run a number of these projects over the years, and this has proven to be one of the most rewarding to date. To get a sense of the experience browse Jan’s Instagram feed andLauren’s Instagram feed.
This is a paid position, at a competitive rate for the Myanmar market – we aim to be equitable based on experience. We expect a lot from our team, and also invest a lot into making sure this a valuable and rewarding experience for every member of our crew. We like to work with successful candidates over multiple projects.
You will need to be available to join in-field in Myanmar for ~7 weeks, from roughly mid-May to early July, 2014.
We will respond to submissions within 3 days.