Web Developer, User Interface Software Engineering
Position: Web Developer, User Interface
Department: Software Engineering
Reports to: Associate Director of Software Engineering
Founded in 1998, BrandWizard is the world’s leading digital brand management firm. We offer companies a fully integrated global solution for all of their brand management requirements. Our Web-based custom tools work in concert with an organization’s wide array of digital assets, empowering employees and vendors around the world with instant access to corporate identity materials, brand guidelines, packaging artwork and more. BrandWizard is a member of Interbrand and as such a company within the Omnicom network.
BrandWizard seeks a User Interface developer that can work independently or as part of a team, contributing to a dedicated group of entrepreneurial types working on the cusp of new technologies in the heart of New York’s Flatiron district.
BrandWizard specializes in designing brand asset management and marketing automation systems for Fortune 500 brands, which include Visa, TD Bank, Wrigley’s, Hyatt, AT&T, Mercedes, Barclays, and the American Cancer Society.
If you have a passion for creating dynamic and visually appealing sites, are on the cutting edge of web standards and technology trends then your contribution will be valued greatly.
Our ideal candidate will be up to date on the latest web standards, including emerging trends in user interface design and skilled at merging the back-end programming with the front-end design to create a seamless interface. Additionally, the candidate will bring a good eye for new technologies and web trends, and be able to collaborate with a tightly knit team of product specialists, project managers, designers and software developers.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Conceptualization, architecture and coding of web-based software solutions including brand asset management and marketing automation systems, public-facing websites and workflow tools. Responsibilities may include web template production, developing site schematics and web design, analysis of client business requirements and recommendations on the best solutions possible.
– Bachelors degree preferred and 4+ years relevant experience.
– Advanced knowledge of modern web standards, including HTML, CSS, semantic page structure
– Strong understanding of usability, SEO and accessibility concerns
– Able to hand-code and troubleshoot clean, compliant and semantic code with cross-platform and cross-browser compatibility
– Understanding of web technologies and client-server architecture to build dynamic/database-driven websites
– Meticulous, able to focus fully on details
– Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
– Able to prioritize projects and handle multiple tasks efficiently
– Team player who can work well with a diverse team of software engineers, project managers and designers
– Willingness to learn new programming techniques and skills
– Experience in an ASP.NET and/or PHP environment
– Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio a plus
– Knowledge of Flash/Flex with ActionScript 3is a plus
All qualified applicants should submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com . Please reference the job title: Front End Web Developer.