Join Us in Innovating Education in Manhattan! Technology Integrationist wanted!
Innovate Manhattan Charter School (Innovate) is seeking an a technology integrationist to work p/t for the 2014-2015 school year at our 6th-8th grade charter middle school, located at 38 Delancey Street in Manhattan’s CSD 1. Innovate provides a comprehensive and unique program of personalized education by implementing the Kunskapsskolan Education® (KED) program (www.kunskapsskolan.com). Applicants need to be excited by implementing an innovative program that focuses on personalized education for all students.
Key components of Innovate include:
- Fifteen-minute individual coaching sessions each week for every student to monitor and support academic progress and goal achievement
- Personalized schedules
- Varied learning opportunities throughout the day that can include communications sessions, workshops, lectures, seminars, labs, and base group (advisory-like) sessions
- Open, transparent, and flexible work spaces
- A web-based Learning Portal™ that includes the school’s curriculum and the Educational Documentation System™ with 24-hour access
Innovate teachers are:
- Curious, positive, flexible, energetic, and creative
- True believers in the power of adolescents to own their own educational process
- Excited by the KED® program
- Proven team players who have the stamina to collaborate in a start-up school
- Strong in ELA content and pedagogical knowledge
- Comfortable working closely with families and parents in a diverse community
- Committed learners
- Committed to working in an integrated, supportive environment with students who are receiving services for learning differences and who are learning English as a second language
- New York State certification in subject area for grades 5-9 and/or 7-12
- NYSED fingerprint clearance
- At least one year’s teaching experience in an urban school strongly preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
- Bilingual or multi-lingual preferred
Kindly provide a resume that clearly states your experience and certification and a cover letter that addresses the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Based on your research into the KED program and Innovate Manhattan Charter School, why do you think this school would be a good fit for you?
- What would interest or excite you about teaching at Innovate?
- How do you think your professional/academic experiences thus far would make you successful in this work?
We regret that we cannot review any applications that do not follow the directions above, and we may not be able to acknowledge all applications. Innovate does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by law.