UX Designer – Kindle
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As an Interaction Designer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing the interaction flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes and aesthetics required to produce elegant and simple user interfaces
- Working collaboratively within a team comprised of other interaction, visual and graphic designers and engineers to develop world class user experiences
To be successful, this designer will possess an exceptional eye for detail and must embrace a highly iterative approach to design. Additionally, this designer must be articulate and possess the communication skills to persuasively convey proposals and specifications to other teams within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design or related field
- 7+ years of experience as an interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role
- Experience with designing mobile consumer devices
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- A sketch book (or examples) revealing thought process
- Ability to extract complex concepts and quickly turn around rigorous flows and mockups reflecting a range of options
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment
- Knowledge of Flash, Motion and /or AfterEffects for developing visual prototypes a plus
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant experience in user-centric design
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/