iEARN-USA Technology Coordinator
iEARN-USA is seeking a full-time New York City-based Technology Coordinator who wants to be a part of a team working to enable educators and youth worldwide to connect and collaborate together.
The Technology Coordinator will work on a two-person team along with several contracting partners, and will be responsible for supporting the organization’s web presences and user experience, including websites, databases, online communication, and overall strategy. This position also provides technical support to iEARN-USA staff as needed. We are looking for someone who is interested in working in a small agile work environment with a global reach, and who wants an opportunity to develop this position and their role in the organization for years to come.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted at:https://iearn.wufoo.com/
- Work towards optimal usability on iEARN’s Collaboration Centre and Salesforce system based on evaluation, tracking and reported usage by teachers, students and country coordinators around the world.
- Evaluate organization’s business procedures and user requirements to define data processing needs and their solutions in Salesforce.
- Provide technical support and service to iEARN teachers, students, and country coordinators, and to iEARN-USA staff in NYC and remote locations.
- Configure, maintain and upgrade hardware and software, including hardware and software inventories, sites and/or server licensing, and user access and security.
- Contribute to the design and development of iEARN’s various web platforms and sites.
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Assume general staff responsibilities as needed.
- Experience researching, implementing and administering a variety of website content management and database systems.
- Experience administering Mac OS X and Google Apps in an office environment.
- Experience creating and maintaining websites, including basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS and PHP.
- Experience with distributed version control (we use Git) is a plus.
- Experience administering e-learning platforms (such as Moodle) is a plus.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, pay attention to detail, and work well under strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and troubleshoot effectively, both online and by phone and videoconferencing.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Desire and ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly and thoroughly.
- Ability to work respectfully and effectively in an international and collaborative context.
- Experience working within a distributed team.
- Supportive of the mission and philosophy of iEARN.
Commensurate with experience
iEARN-USA will pay for:
- Employer’s portion of FICA and Medicaid payments
- Four weeks of vacation following three month review
- Medical health and dental insurance for employee, with family members able to participate in policies at personal expense
Will report to
Chief Program Officer
475 Riverside Drive, Suite 450 New York, NY 10115, USA (Near Columbia University)