Lead Experience Designer
Unit: McKinsey Digital Labs
Reports to: Design Leader – McKinsey Digital Labs
About McKinsey Digital Labs
McKinsey & Company is one of the world’s premiere management consulting firms with some 8,500 consultants across 89 locations in 50 countries. The Firm provides a full spectrum of consulting services primarily to large corporations but also to governments, international institutions, and non-profit organizations. These organizations include 100 of the top 150 global companies, touching every major industry.
McKinsey Digital Labs (MDL) combines unparalleled business knowledge with a world-class design strategy and execution. We are solving complex problems with design thinking and cutting edge technology.
Despite being part of a large, multinational organization, MDL works more like a small startup company. Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We leverage the latest open source technologies in the products we build.
The experience designer’s primary responsibility will be to drive user experience architecture and design from end-to-end, including wireframes, prototypes, and usability testing; to create compelling interactive experiences that look great for the intended user segments.
Desired Skills & Mindset
Entrepreneurial self-starter who is self-motivated, but also a team player with a professional presence. Strong web and mobile design and UX / UI experience. Ability to get things done, while also collaborating.
It is a plus is you have interest in data visualize and can also create stunning visual design.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent area
- Minimum of 1-5 years’ experience in software development
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
- Willingness to travel to up to 50% to client sites both national and international opportunties.
- Experience with designing consumer quality products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Graphical and Visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of software such as Adobe suite, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Azure, or other tools for graphic design, visual design.
- Experience with conducting user research, usability testing, A/B testing
- Rapid prototyping
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence senior client business and design/marketing executives on design decisions
- Ability to work under pressure, manage client expectations effectively and not get overwhelmed by client pressures on team
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- Ability to manage own learning and contribute to functional knowledge building
- Ability to work both independently and in various team settings
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing.
You will have exciting career prospects within an international company that is still considered a start-up, yet was created by a trusted advisor of some of the most influential organizations in the world. You will work on challenging tasks in an innovative state-of-the-art technological environment in small teams of highly motivated colleagues with various cultural backgrounds.
Please complete the following exercise and send the results along with your resume:
Imagine your healthcare provider wants to become your single source for your care concerns, all delivered in an app on your smartphone. This app could deliver a lot of personalized information to you, such as helping you find a doctor, schedule appointments, re-fill prescriptions, facilitate virtual check-ups, manage payment and claims, set in motion lose weight regimes, inspire you to quit smoking, provide information about your specific health conditions. etc.
Your mission: Figure out exactly what this service should provide and how it should work and feel and design some of the most common and important screens and interactions.
For more information on this role contact: