JOB: Unity Programmer at ESI Design
ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design. Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
As a Unity Programmer at ESI, you will play an integral role in bridging the last mile technology between game design and art. Your work will play a role in game simulation, design driven effects and sounds, optimal 2D environments and improving the workflow of game design implementation. This is a job about working alongside a team every day to push the boundaries of what is possible for a gaming experience. You will be expected to apply and expand your skills in a wide variety of ways, depending on the day-to-day needs of the project. Being a programmer at ESI will be a diverse, challenging, and rewarding experience as you will work with a team devoted to creating the best and most technically impressive games on the block.
This position is for the expedited quality assurance of a suite public-facing beta Unity applications. Those that apply must be able to commit to the length and scope of the project with the understanding that the timeline is rapid and ambitious.
Optimize, debug, and clean-up existing Unity applications for PC & Mobile Devices
– Have experience with Game Development
– Be detail oriented and comprehensive
– Have experience/ability to work in crunch, last steps to launch mode
– Have the ability to optimize code without compromising code integrity or functionality
– Inform designers and artists of tradeoffs associated with features – provide guidance in terms of cost effective strategies (whether run-time or development-time optimization)
– Write/edit/help with technical documents
Desired Skills and Experience
– 3+ years of experience with Unity and an example project or game
– Ability to multi-task, focus, and meet critical deadlines
– Clear communication and presentation skills
– Expert skills with the Unity development platform
– Expert skills with C# in a Unity environment
– Experience with Android / iOS development
– Comprehensive knowledge and real world use of Unity
– Experience in all aspects of the game development life cycle
– Experience with software appropriate for this role, including bug/task tracking software, Excel, Project, databases, wikis, etc
– Ability to adapt quickly and roll with the punches
– Strong passion for gaming is a must!
Is a Plus
– Native Android and/or iOS development
– Demonstrated open-source contributions