Associate Director, Information Technology Services [INTE-18]
American Civil Liberties Union
Information Technology Department, NY
For nearly 100 years, the ACLU has been our nation’s guardian of liberty, working in courts, legislatures, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties that the Constitution and the laws of the United States guarantee everyone in this country. Whether it’s achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, ending mass incarceration, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach. With more than a million members, activists, and supporters, the ACLU is a nationwide organization that fights tirelessly in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C., for the principle that every individual’s rights must be protected equally under the law, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or national origin.
The Information Technology (IT) Department of the National office in New York City is seeking applicants for a full-time Associate Director, Information Technology Services.
Reporting to the Director of Information Strategy & Technology, the Associate Director, Information Technology Services is responsible for management and oversight of the ACLU technology infrastructure and providing leadership to a dynamic Help Desk team to ensure optimal IT services for the ACLU national organization. This position will provide key technology subject matter expertise and will focus on finding innovative technology solutions to help meet the ACLU’s strategic business goals. The Associate Director, Information Technology Services will also define best practices around security, policies, and emerging technology. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader who possesses excellent project management skills and who is able to manage a hybrid cloud and traditional on premise environment in the context of the ACLU’s organizational privacy and security needs. The ACLU is a national organization that operates in multiple states and collaborates closely with its regional affiliates to achieve programmatic goals.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the ACLU’s technological infrastructure performs efficiently and effectively to meet the day to day and long term strategic needs of the organization.
- Ensure the ACLU has the right combination of on-site and cloud based technologies to meet with organization’s business needs.
- Manage IT security and risk assessment, standards, and practices across the ACLU organization.
- Manage and select vendors and partners for managed services, software, and other technology support needs.
- Advise senior administration on emerging trends in information technology as it relates to the ACLU’s strategy and business goals.
- Manage the ACLU’s user Help Desk to ensure a high standard of end user support.
- Manage entire Help Desk operation including interviewing, hiring, mentoring, evaluating, and managing performance.
- Advise on overall technology management roadmap in collaboration with all key stakeholders at National and Affiliate offices.
- Partner closely with ACLU staff to identify user needs, define technology objectives and manage SLAs.
- Assure technology aligns with the ACLU’s goals for growth, donor acquisition, and communication, marketing and information-sharing strategies.
- Identify opportunities across the organization to consolidate technologies, improve processes and execute cost controls.
- Develop project implementation and management programs with quantifiable objectives to measure results.
- Prepares financial and administrative reports, analyzes and interprets statistics, financial data, and management planning data for predicting resource needs and developing long range plans.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years’ experience managing complex IT systems with at least five years in senior level IT Management role.
- In-depth technical knowledge of Active Directory, Office 365, Windows Server 2008/2012, virtualization, DMS, Cloud and Mobile technologies.
- Experience in IT security, risk, privacy, compliance and security architecture.
- Able to promote best practices and execute security around Cloud and outsourced IT systems.
- Experience with all aspects of multi-site network support (LAN, WAN technologies).
- Exposure to VOIP technology and experience with AV systems.
- Ability to define accessibility requirements, best practices and procedures applicable to organizations with donors, customers and constituents.
- Solid understanding of current technology tools and platforms, including those applicable in the non-profit sector.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple organizational stakeholders across departments and affiliated organizations.
- Experience managing technology support staff, budgets, vendors and contractors.
- Knowledge of fundraising/marketing applications is preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in the mission and goals of the ACLU.
- Outstanding leadership qualities and exceptional ability to build and maintain strong relationships and teams
- Excellent organizational, communication and decision-making skills.
- Excellent problem solving and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
The ACLU offers a generous and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within parameters of the ACLU compensation scale.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a letter of interest (with salary requirements), a resume and a writing sample (no more than three pages in length) tohrjobsINTE@aclu.org – reference [INTE-18 / ACLU-W] in the subject line.
Applications can also be mailed to:
RE: [INTE-18 / ACLU-W]
American Civil Liberties Union Foundation
125 Broad St. 18th FL
New York, NY 10004
Please indicate where you learned of this career opportunity.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the job description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage any applicants who need accommodations in the application process to contact: HRJobsINCLReq@aclu.org Correspondence sent to this address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
The ACLU comprises two separate corporate entities, the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation. Both the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation are national organizations with the same overall mission, and share office space and employees. The ACLU has two separate corporate entities in order to do a broad range of work to protect civil liberties. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “ACLU.”