We’re looking for one junior or one senior full-stack engineer to join our small and close-knit team in Oakland.
- Possess demonstrative experience with front-end web technologies.
- Know your way around at least one back-end language such as PHP, Python, or Node.
- It’s tough to have a good front-end without a good back-end.
- Interest or passion for data visualization.
- Definitely bonus points if you have experience in the industry but if not, you should at least know what you’re getting yourself into and be excited about it.
Support the development of narrative-driven and interactive data visualizations that could be implemented across different mediums from web to mobile to physical installation. Your day-to-day will consist of lots of munging data, creative coding, and problem-solving.
Lead development on all of our data visualization projects. You’ll be responsible for projects from beginning to end while working with our designers and project manager to define scope and ensure that projects are delivered as promised.
Our process blends engineering and design so expect to actively engage both sides of your brain. You’ll be thinking about creating visual elements through code, manipulating lots of data, leveraging different APIs, applying design principles, building effective user interfaces, and developing data-driven stories.
Send along your resume to careers@pitchinteractive.