Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
We’d like to fill this position immediately.
Deeplocal is looking for a new team member who’s an incredible designer and creative thinker.
Our innovation studio has created numerous campaigns that have shaped the advertising industry, including the PXP Toyota Prius Mind-controlled Bike, the Nike Chalkbot street-printing robot, and Google Fiber’s “Nick’s First Pitch.” We’re a tight-knit group that strives to produce outstanding work and benefits from a culture of trust, collaboration, and the desire to create work that has never been seen before.
The Art Director will focus on concepting, developing, and communicating great ideas for our clients. The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of digital (and ideally physical) media and will be involved in the entire creative cycle from brainstorm to delivery. The Art Director should also have a solid background in video production, and will be responsible for documenting client and internal projects on a regular basis and editing internal videos documenting our practice.
- Drive and oversee the production of videos for our clients, including the development of scripts and storyboards, directing, and editing.
- Illustrate solutions using formats including: use cases, wireframes, and flow diagrams.
- Design and present solutions to clients.
- Actively participate in creative brainstorming sessions.
- Collaborate with outside creative resources from varying backgrounds.
- Develop presentation decks.
- Cooperate with Account Executives and Producers with regard to schedule, bidding, execution and production of a project.
- Oversee the look and feel on (assigned) productions, to ensure we’re producing something that is well-designed, aesthetically pleasing, and on-brand for the client.
- Must be able to work well with others
- Clear communicator
- Works well under pressure and under deadlines
- Strong follow through abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- 3-5 years of experience at a start-up, agency or similarly-paced company
- 4 year Art or Design degree preferred (but not required)
- Strong visual design skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- A deep understanding of video production, including digital photography, lighting, and editing/post-production
A portfolio of work is required to be considered for this position.
Deeplocal is an internationally-recognized innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal works mainly in advertising but isn’t a traditional ad agency. From creating a mind-controlled bike that was featured on Good Morning America to building a robotic pitching machine that allowed a child to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from thousands of miles away, our projects are wide-ranging and unique.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania for the past three years and has received numerous awards including: a Grand Prix Lion at Cannes, Best Of at the One Show, and numerous others. Our work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more. In 2012, Deeplocal was named AdAge Small Agency of the Year in the Northeast.
Deeplocal’s direct client list includes: Google, Toyota, Anheuser-Busch, DirectTV, TBS, MillerCoors, Air France, Volkswagen, GOOD Magazine, Reebok, American Eagle Outfitters, PNC Bank, General Mills, and many others.
Retirement Plan with employer matching
Company retreats and trips