Creative Software Producer for exciting Data Science Start-up—OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYMENT or CONTRACT ROLE
Are you passionate about user experiences? Do you thrive in the creative design process for software? Are you an expert in supervising the production of the UX design effort and interact with a game-aware program team? Are you organized, thoughtful and enjoy planning projects, assigning resources and creating order out of chaos?
Would you be excited about joining a data science start-up engaging in state-of-the art technologies, research and analysis? Are you looking for an ambitious new project to test and grow your skills?
Our company is a brand-new and exciting start-up in Big Data and Predictive Analytics space, called The Human Project, Inc. (HPI). HPI was founded by world-class researchers from NYU and MIT, and it is developing a revolutionary data collection and analysis platform that will disrupt longitudinal research. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a startup that seeks to revolutionize our knowledge of human behavior.
HPI is seeking an experienced creative software producer who demonstrates the ability to combine a passion for user experience with expert project management skills. Our producer will work cross-functionally to collaborate with managers, designers, and engineering teams within our company and with our client (New York University and the Institute for the Interdisciplinary Study of Decision Making). The producer will plan projects, define milestones, assign resources, assess risks, and help meet deadlines. This person will report to the Chief Operating Officer with dotted line reporting to the Chief Scientist. They will manage an outside contractor who will be responsible to develop the basic tools for our UX with a design group over a 2-3 month period and then to transition the UX to both our in-house programmers and to an in-house creative team over a 2-3 month period. The Creative Software Producer will provide feedback and input to the design group and programmers. He/she will also manage all project-related communications.
Our goal is to:
- complete an initial creative design for a suite of tools
- establish the user-based vision for all iOS, Android, back-end, online development to code
- advisory services on hiring in-house team
- transition and provide knowledge transfer to company representatives for all products and outcomes related to above goals
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities of Creative Software Producer:
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Producer for Software Design/Development Effort: supervise all of the production of the UX design effort and interact with game-aware program team. Make decisions and recommendations related to the below work product:
o Deliver a “Style Book”: Documentation with definition of the UX with accompanying basic artwork, sample dialog, and sample audio
o Deliver Prototype Skins: Several (assume maximum of 4) Survey ‘Skins’ including design and overall look and feel
o Prototype Applets: 2 applets for specific psychological tasks
o Deliver Draft Website: Design and definition of elements for Community management
o Deliver “As Builts”: Deliver documentation in latest version including feedback from HPI, deliver digital output for artwork, dialogs, audio, skins, applets, UX, website, etc. Transition and train HPI team. Maintenance schema, next step plan.
- Project Management: manage the timeline and resources. Make decisions and deliver the following key tasks:
o Develop a project plan and maintain updates and provide reports
o Assess risks and provide mitigation strategies, as appropriate
o Manage outside resources, track hours, assign priorities and review status reports and deliverables
o Coordinate in-house teams, schedule meetings, prepare agendas, log actions and minutes
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three (3) years of combined experience in UX design, software development and/or project management
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to handle and treat confidential information accordingly is crucial in this role.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects, competing demands, focus on key priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Can operate independently and remotely from a supervisor as needed.
- Advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and superior writing skills are essential.
Preferred skills and/or experiences:
- Company startup experience.
- Familiarity with academic institutions and/or research projects, and specifically, prior experience working with NYU is a plus.
- Familiarity with or work experience at technology firms a plus.
- Demonstrated interests in privacy/security, philanthropy and/or innovation/exploration.
|Brent Schimke <firstname.lastname@example.org>|