Internship, Product Design
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart which enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams amongst product managers, engineers and researchers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, and each member has wide responsibilities and freedom to act.
We are seeking promising designers for our first product design intern program to work alongside product designers in our teams. At Squarespace, you will work with the product team on our native and web applications. You will be challenged in an ambitious, ever-changing organization that values vision, execution, persistence, and flexibility. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
This position reports to a senior designer in our NYC headquarters.
- Collaborate on project briefs and scoping
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Create wireframes and early-stage prototypes
- Continually seek to understand the capabilities and technical constraints of the systems with which you’ll be working
- Deliver polished comps, flows and assets to team members
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Follow both large and small projects through, beyond delivery
- Collaborate on evolving our style guides
- Currently enrolled student with an anticipated graduation date of Spring 2019
- An understanding of visual and user experience design
- Great taste and aesthetic sensibility
- Idealistic, yet pragmatic
- Love of iterative development
- Experience using Sketch
- An understanding of web and mobile applications
- An ambition to learn and build something great
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Ready more and apply here.