Full-time, Digital Data Analyst
The Product & Technology Department (P-Tech) of the National office in New York City is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Digital Data Analyst.
The Digital Data Analyst reports into the Product & Technology Department’s Data Science team while embedding with the Digital Communications team. The Digital Data Analyst will perform detailed research and analysis to help the Digital Communications team understand the efficacy of their digital platforms, issue campaigns, online advocacy efforts, digital advertising, marketing campaigns, and brand reach while also identifying optimizations and new areas to explore for deeper constituent impact. The Digital Data Analyst is entrepreneurial in nature and possesses excellent analytical skills to quantify campaign performance across digital channels and help drive growth across those channels by delivering recommendations that influence content, product and distribution strategy. They are very comfortable with A/B testing (web, social media, and email), data visualization best practices, behavioral analysis to identify high-friction points or new opportunities, and defining and reporting on metrics that drive growth. These data-driven insights will result in best practices for the Digital Communications team to follow and will also be shared with other stakeholder teams within the ACLU. In summation, the Digital Data Analyst acts as the key subject-matter expert regarding how the Digital Communications team can better leverage data to execute smarter campaigns in support of the ACLU’s mission.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Digital Data Analyst will be responsible for:
- Acting as the key liaison with the Digital Communications team and Chief Digital Officer while reporting into the Product & Technology’s growing Data Science & Analytics team.
- Ensuring the Product & Technology data infrastructure supports the Digital Communication’s data needs, both now and roadmapping into the future.
- Developing a coordinated testing and metrics strategy to parse out information about current ACLU members, non-donor supporters, and new civil liberties audiences.
- Partnering with online engagement, content, and editorial teams on A/B testing, leading the efforts across the full product cycle of a test – ideation, hypothesis, implementation and analysis.
- Fielding scheduled and ad hoc metrics requests, presenting findings and proactively delivering recommendations that inform strategy; synthesizing large data sets into digestible takeaways that drive action within the Digital Communications team.
- Delivering KPI reports and trends to broader stakeholders and leadership that represent the success of Digital Communication efforts within the larger scope of shared cross-organizational goals.
- Analyzing member behaviors and engagement ladder to inform UI enhancements, content strategy (editorial, video, design, and email), platform expansion and member onboarding optimization.
- Strengthening relationships with vendors of real-time and reactive measurement products and evaluating new tools and products to augment existing capabilities and manage contract negotiations.
- Assisting in analyzing business requirements; understanding underlying data sources and identifying when new requirements should be supported within the data infrastructure.
- Maintaining data quality assurance by looking for anomalies, incorrect/missing data or tagging issues in Adobe Analytics and other analytic systems.
- Evangelizing the benefits of data driven decision-making across the cross-departmental online team.
- Leading the specifications and managing development of website design enhancements that deepen engagement in the ACLU’s work on a broad range of civil liberties issues.
- Executing an SEO audit to survey work areas and improve SEO outcomes.
- Demonstrating a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, socio-economic circumstance, and record of arrest or conviction.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, preferably in a quantitative field.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with analytics, experience and insight into digital marketing, user segmentation, and online campaigns, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Extensive Adobe Analytics (Omniture) skills or proven experience with similar technologies.
- 3+ years’ experience with A/B and multivariate testing products (Optimizely, Adobe Target, etc), heatmapping tools (Clicktale, etc.) and real-time measurement (Chartbeat, Parse.ly, etc).
- Experience with app analytics on mobile platforms; experience analyzing video data sets.
- Exceptional Excel skills, including the ability to mine large data stats for trends, or similar programming skills; combining and manipulating data from multiple platforms and sources.
- Strong analytical background and can translate metrics into smart decisions.
- Experience with databases, including knowledge of CRM technologies such as Salesforce, audience segmentation and data integration.
- Deep understanding of online communities and ideas on how to use data to make online communities stronger and more engaged.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, communicate goals and build consensus to work effectively within and across departments.
- Solid understanding of online tools, processes, and techniques for content placement and social networking.
- Detail oriented with strong follow-through, demonstrated ability to solve problems, ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task and manage resources effectively.
- Ability to negotiate services and pricing with vendors.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the ACLU.
The ACLU offers a generous and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within the parameters of the ACLU compensation scale.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to hrjobsINTE@aclu.org. Reference Digital Data Analyst [PTEC-21] in the subject line. Please note that this is not the general ACLU email address. This email address is specific to the Product & Technology department. In order to ensure your application is received please make certain it is sent to the correct e-mail address. You can expect to receive an automatic response that acknowledges the submission of application materials.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this career opportunity.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the job description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact:email@example.com. Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
The ACLU comprises two separate corporate entities, the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation. Both the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation are national organizations with the same overall mission, and share office space and employees. The ACLU has two separate corporate entities in order to do a broad range of work to protect civil liberties. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “ACLU.”
Read more here.