Technical Assistant Intern, Interactive Art Exhibition
Lisa Park is a NY based artist, who’s currently working on her commissioned project with Nokia Bell Labs and New Museum. She is seeking for an intern this March-May, who is highly responsible, organized, and detail-oriented to assist with an upcoming exhibition at Mana Contemporary, NJ.
The project will be an interactive installation using projection, gesture tracking, and biometric sensors. Due to the nature of tech-driven work, it requires extensive on-site testings. No programming skills are required for an intern.
This internship is highly recommended for someone who’s interested in hands-on art exhibition experience in production and preparation. Artist will train an intern about sensor activations and tech trouble shooting.
- A fixed stipend will be paid
- Requires 1-2/a week commitment
- Hours: 8 hours/Week for the first month, 2hours/Week for the second month.
- Start date: March 26th
- End date: June 3rd
- Interest in Contemporary Art, Media Art
- Experienced with Technology (Kinect, Projector) is a plus
- Relevant work experience prior Museum or Interactive Art installation is a plus
- Help with technical aspect of the preparation of the exhibition
- Proactive and eager to troubleshoot problems as they occur
- Ability to commute NJ (exhibition venue)
Please submit your CV, Resume, or Portfolio to email@example.com