Limited Competition: Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM²D Scholars Award Program
Purpose: The Johnson & Johnson Scholars Award Program aims to fuel the development of female STEM²D leaders and feed the STEM²D talent pipeline by awarding and sponsoring women at critical points in their research careers, in each of the STEM²D disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing and Design.
Internal Application Deadline: August 21, 2019
Full Application Deadline: Sept 3, 2019 – October 3, 2019
Nomination Limits: NYU can submit ONE proposal per discipline.
Award Value: Awardees will receive $50,000 a year for three years.
Female scholars working in STEM²D fields, who have:
- a tenure or non-tenure track assistant professor appointment (applicants cannot currently be tenured)
- for science discipline: MD and/or PhD;
- for technology and engineering disciplines: PhD;
- for math: MS and/or PhD;
- for Design; M.A., M.S., MDes, MArch, MFA, MLA, Ph.D.
INTERNAL SELECTION PROCESS
Please submit the following as one rolling PDF to Farooq Niazi (Farooq.firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than August 21, 2019:
- Letter of support from the department chair
- Your discipline: choose one of: Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing, or Design
- 1,000 words summary detailing the proposed area of research
- up-to-date biosketch (3-4 page max)