TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER LEO VILLAREAL STUDIO
Leo Villareal Studio is a fine art studio specializing in the creation of highly-refined LED and video artwork. We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our team.
The new hire will be working closely with the artist and a small, tightly-knit team to facilitate the production of new LED and video artworks of a variety of scales. This job involves about 50% desk work (including design, material sourcing, project management, vendor management, budgeting, and archiving) and 50% hands-on production work (including assembly, software/hardware testing and setup, and installation supervision).
– Manage multiple simultaneous artwork production projects; keeping projects on-budget and on-schedule and actively communicating timelines to clients and collaborators:
– Identify and vet new fabricators and vendors to expand an existing pool – Select the appropriate vendors based project-specific demands – Perform materials research – Create Solidworks or CAD models for artworks that are being specified; communicate design requirements to vendors within a complete design drawing set – Write technical specifications that convey the minimum performance requirements for artworks that are being specified – Lead communication with fabricators drafting RFPs, work orders, and pre-inspection reports – Assist with the specification and configuration of artwork control computers and serve as systems administrator ensuring hardware and software are compatible, performing: disk imaging, OS setup, system installation, and content file-structure setup – Oversee the artwork programming, including supervising software developers on custom tool development. – Record each step in the creation of an artwork and ensure the artwork is properly documented in studio’s archive; create and maintain BOMs for active projects – Create artwork manuals and system diagrams – Review vendor bills and ensure they are properly coded
– Experience specifying, designing, and fabricating electronic artwork
– Ability to draw complex metalwork in 2D and 3D and to specify build parameters for fabricators while overseeing a given fabricator’s execution of the design. – Experience in mechanical and electrical assembly – crimping, wiring, soldering – Experience managing multiple simultaneous production projects; ability to keep projects on-budget and on-schedule and communicate timelines to clients and collaborators – Excellent communication skills – Excellent attention to detail, including ability to inspect artworks and artwork components with an exacting microvision – Superior organizational skills
– Excellent capacity for solving problems, willingness to learn new skills – Good sense of humor
Required software skills:
– Solidworks – Autocad/Vectorworks/Rhino – Adobe Creative Suite including: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat – MS Office – Google Docs – FileMaker Pro or equivalent
Please send us your resume and cover letter along with three references. Only complete applications will be considered. Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB: Technical Project Manager, Leo Villareal Studio
More from JobMore posts in Job »