TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
LEO VILLAREAL STUDIO
Leo Villareal Studio is a fine art studio specializing in the creation of highly-refined LED and video artworks.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our team. The new hire will work closely with the artist
and a small, tightly-knit team to facilitate the production of new LED and video artworks of a variety of scales.
The technical project manager will:
● Manage multiple simultaneous artwork commission projects; keeping projects on-budget and
on-schedule and actively communicating timelines to clients and collaborators:
● Identify and vet new fabricators and vendors to expand an existing pool.
● Select the appropriate vendors based on project-specific demands.
● Perform materials research.
● Create Solidworks or CAD models for artworks that are being specified; communicate design
requirements to vendors within a complete design drawing set and BOM.
● Write technical specifications that convey the minimum performance requirements for artworks that
are being specified.
● Lead communication with fabricators, drafting RFPs, work orders, and pre-inspection reports
● Record each step in the creation of an artwork and ensure the artwork is properly documented in the
studio’s archive; create and maintain BOMs for active projects.
● Create artwork manuals and system diagrams.
● Review vendor bills and ensure they are properly coded.
● Maintain project budget and schedule.
● Experience specifying, designing, and fabricating electronic artwork.
● Ability to draw complex metalwork in 2D and 3D and to specify build parameters for fabricators while
overseeing a given fabricator’s execution of the design.
● Experience managing multiple simultaneous production projects; ability to keep projects on-budget
and on-schedule and communicate timelines to clients and collaborators.
● Excellent attention to detail, including ability to inspect artworks and artwork components with an
Required software skills:
Solidworks, Autocad/Vectorworks/Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite including: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop,
and Acrobat, MS Office, Google Docs, FileMaker Pro or equivalent.
Please send us your resume and cover letter along with three references. Only complete applications will be
considered. Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB: Leo Villareal Studio, Technical Project Manager
TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
- JOB: Tenure-track position in Multimedia Arts (3D/Immersive/Interactive Media) at Loyola Marymount University
- JOB: NYU College and Career Lab Undergraduate Advisors
- JOB: Freelance Senior / Lead UX Designer @ boutique agency
- JOB: NYU Visiting Assistant Professor of Media, Culture, and Communication Non-Tenure Track
- JOBS: Exhibit Fabricator, Experience Designer, & Developer (Unity) Positions at Ideum