Product Management Internships at the NYC Mayor’s Office for Economic Opportunity
The Mayor’s Office for Economic Opportunity works to reduce poverty and broaden opportunity by advancing the use of data and evidence in program and policy design, service delivery, and budget decisions.
The Product team conducts user research, creates user experience, and works closely with the internal and vendor technology teams to prototype, develop, and maintain evolving digital tools. A product management fellowship or apprenticeship with our team is an opportunity to grow your expertise in product development and management, design, digital services, and public policy, and help improve the lives of millions of New Yorkers. Projects will focus on the delivery, on-going success, and continuous improvement of the City’s digital products and services.
Fellowships and Apprenticeships are paid positions starting sometime in April 2020 for three to five days per week.
Apprenticeships are four-month commitments and fellowships run for six months.
Skills and responsibilities
Based on your skills and interests, responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to product strategy and success metrics, including crafting product goals, monthly analytics, roadmaps, and more.
- Assist with vendor and stakeholder management.
- Assist in product development sprints —working to assure sprint items are delivering value and to specification.
- Participate in the development and execution of quality assurance (QA) testing of products.
- Assist in defining feature and functionality requirements.
- Participate in user research and synthesis.
- Assist in the creation of prototypes, design assets, and project documentation.
- Collaborate in the creation of product development and management documents, including roadmaps, project briefs, and user stories.
The Product and Technology team is based out of Downtown Brooklyn at 1 MetroTech Center.
Deadline: applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until March 27, 2020.
Due to the volume of applications received we may not be able to respond to every application.
To learn more and apply: BLOCKEDbuildwithnyc[.]github[.]io/productfellow[.]htmlBLOCKED
What previous Fellows and Apprentices have had to say:
“The City’s digital products are a front door for New Yorkers. You could not ask for a better way to develop best practices in digital product management while contributing to equity and access through government.”
“If you’ve ever wondered how you could apply your design expertise for social good, this is the place to learn and grow. I quickly gained valuable skills and truly felt like part of the team every step of the way. Ultimately the experience shaped how I view design and my own personal commitment to advancing social equality.”