Greetings from the Brooklyn Navy Yard,
We are excited to announce the Brooklyn Navy Yard’s Summer 2023 Internship Program! BNYDC’s Summer Internship Program connects college-attending students and college-bound high school seniors to a wide range of paid internship opportunities with businesses within the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Over the course of an 8-week session, students will be connected to Yard-based businesses and departments according to their future career interests, skill sets, and educational background.
- Click here for the Summer 2023 Internship Program application: bit.ly/BNYSummer23
- Interns are selected based on their demonstration of strong communication skills, work ethic, and track record of commitment and achievement.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. The deadline for all applications is Friday, March 17th at 4:59 PM
- Limited internships are available, so applications should be sent in as soon as possible. Applications accepted earlier in the process will have greater likelihood of matching to an internship role in their desired field(s).
Internship Program Details:
- Two 8-week sessions are available to accepted interns. Each accepted student is eligible to participate in one session:
Session 1: June 5 to July 28, 2023
Session 2: June 26 to August 18, 2023
- Accepted interns commit to a 40-hour work week with a one-hour unpaid lunch break each day, and are compensated at $15/hr. This totals to 35 paid hours each week.
- Interns will participate in weekly professional development activities.
- A Brooklyn residentorattend a Brooklyn-based school
- A first-timeoronce returning participant in the internship program
- A current college attending studentora high school senior planning to attend college in Fall 2023
- If under 18, working papers must be provided. Working papers can be obtained from your school
Most common roles we will have positions available for:
Library Science/Archives Management
Social Media Management
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you!