Our 2023-24 BRIClab Contemporary Art residency program application is now open!
This year’s program focuses on the theme All My Relations. We seek artists, collaboratives, and artist collectives whose practices embody and recognize interdependence and interconnectedness in process and/or product. This theme is inspired by the work of disabled artists and activists, and honors Indigenous communities who use the term All My Relations to acknowledge our interdependence with one another and the planet. This residency prioritizes, but is not limited to, disabled artists, and will culminate in a BRIC House exhibition of the same theme in Fall 2024.
We envision this theme including but not limited to:
- Work that recognizes history or lineage.
- Work made in kinship, collaboration, or community.
- Practices that involve teaching, learning, and sharing.
- Processes that provide access in creative ways for audiences and viewers.
- Projects that make visible the often hidden networks of support and care that are essential for artistic creation.
Applications are open through May 8th. If you’d like to share this opportunity with your network, feel free to use our Social Media Toolkit.
Want to nominate an artist, collaborative, or artist collective for this opportunity? Please submit your nominations via this form by next Tuesday, April 11. We will reach out to nominated artists and invite them to apply.