Internship, Curriculum Dev. Summer Intern 2018
Who You’ll Be Working With:
The Curriculum team at Codecademy is responsible for creating the lessons, projects, quizzes, and articles that empower learners around the world to dive into new technologies. This content gives people the skills they need to find jobs in a world where tech is embedded into every industry.
Members of the Curriculum team are responsible for, among other things, planning and structuring lessons and learning concepts, writing narratives, reviewing other team members’ content, and writing tests to assess learner input. Additionally, Curriculum members take an active role in the marketing, product, design and engineering decisions made by the rest of the team.
What you’ll do:
- Learn how to design a course and how to write educational material
- Write unit tests
- Work in a dynamic AGILE team environment
- Present and communicate work to other members of the Curriculum team and the Codecademy team at large
- Have the opportunity to become a mentor/advisor on the Codecademy platform and help with learners when they get stuck
- Own, plan, write and deploy your own course that will be available to millions of learners worldwide
What you’ll need:
- Working towards a degree in Computer Science or a field related to education
- Freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors (or equivalent experience) welcome to apply
- A real passion for education and for making STEM competency more accessible
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- A familiarity with the Codecademy platform — take a course or two!
What will make you stand out:
- Experience in creating online educational material. Do you run a tech blog? Make informational videos? Send us some links!
- Experience in instructing in a classroom
If you’re interested, apply ASAP!
Learn more and apply here.