We’re hiring at Carnegie Mellon in the School of Design, where I’m an associate professor.
I wanted to put this on your radar, in case you or someone you would recommend might want to apply. The position is an assistant or associate professor (either tenure-track or teaching-track) for the School of Design in the Environments track. Environments = digital/physical hybrids. The person we hire will teach undergrads and grads both.
The ideal candidate will have experience in at least one of these areas.
- The design of augmented reality/mixed reality/virtual reality interfaces, interactions, and experiences
- High fidelity digital and physical 3D modeling for spatial design
- Intelligent environments & Internet of Things
- Gestural interactions in responsive environments
- Environmental sensing and visualization
- Approaches to computational and generative design
- Experimental prototyping for interaction
- Critical approaches to technology, design, and the built environment
The position closes 8 January — which is quite soon — but I wanted to be sure that we included you and anyone you might recommend as we share the position again.
Molly Wright Steenson, PhD (she/her)
Senior Associate Dean for Research, College of Fine Arts
K&L Gates Associate Professor in Ethics and Computational Technologies
Associate Professor, School of Design
Carnegie Mellon University
Mobile (text preferred): 203.640.8653
JOB: CMU School of Design – asst or assoc professor
More from UncategorizedMore posts in Uncategorized »
- Recruit: Fully funded PhD opportunities at Hong Kong Univ of Science and Technology, Computational Media and Arts program
- Design Competition: Improve Respiratory Protection
- INTERN: fabrication and studio management for Eric Forman Studio
- JOB: Robofun part-time multimedia & stem teaching artist
- NYUFE Digest for email@example.com – 1 update in 1 topic