We created this one-pager (with a general timeline) to make 4.0’s application process and fellowships easy to understand. Check it out to learn more about 4.0 and our fellowships and share with your friends or organizations who might be interested in 4.0.
“Am I a good fit for 4.0’s Fellowships?”, “Am I at the right stage for 4.0’s fellowships?” — sound familiar? These are some of our most asked questions during recruitment. To help you get the answer faster, we created a self assessment to help you decide if now is the right time to apply for a 4.0 fellowship. The assessment is free and has no bearing on your application.
We created an Application Toolkit with all the information you need about the application and our process to help you apply. In the Toolkit, you’ll find:
- How to apply and key things to be aware of
- A detailed application and Fellowship timeline
- Frequently asked questions and answers
- A copy of the fellowship applications
- A copy of the application rubric
To get you ready to apply, our alumni Community Chairs are hosting a series of events for you to get to know our 2024 fellowship and our community. You can check out what events are coming up and register to attend at 4pt0.org/events.
Upcoming Recruitment Events:
We have a full lineup of 4.0 recruitment events hosted by alumni Community Chairs from August – October! Check out 4pt0.org/events to register. A few events happening in the next two weeks are below:
- What Should I Know That I Don’t Know About My Kid? | Tuesday, September 26th, 6:00-7:00 p.m. CST: Calling all parents and caretakers who are PASSIONATE about their children’s education! Do you have an idea to make the future of education more equitable for your kid(s) and their peers? Come and learn about 4.0’s fellowship program for education entrepreneurs! Join us for this short session into the window of parenthood and the start or back to school. Answer basic questions in preparation such as: How do I know my child is ready? What’s normal and not normal? Who can I ask? What should I look for as school starts?
- Black Excellence Through Black Advocacy | Saturday, September 30th, 1:00-2:15 p.m. CST: The current attack on the education system for Black people has surfaced through Supreme Court reversals, Florida’s education curriculum shift, and countless other tactics used to dismantle the contributions of Blacks in American history. How will you and your organization combat the racialized weaponry being used to “unteach” Black history and liberate the next generation of scholars? At 4.0 Schools, we stand in solidarity with entrepreneurs who are fully engaged in this work. Learn how a fellowship with 4.0 Schools may be just what you need to catapult your organization from a “dream imagined to a dream lived”.
- Workshop Your Education Startup Idea with 4.0 Fellows | Tuesday, October 3, 7:00-8:00 p.m. CST: Have an idea that will help improve PreK-12 education? Spend an hour with like-minded, community-centered education folks! We will help you brainstorm ideas, build on your current idea (if you have one), and share information on the upcoming 4.0 Fellowship that you can apply for (up to $5,500 for new ventures).
- Future Founders: Latinx in Education | Wednesday, October 4, 7:30-9:00 p.m. CST: Do recent anti-DEI laws and legislation keep you up at night? Do you have an idea to improve the k-12 education system? Do you want to meet other Latinx founders, future founders, advocates and edu-preneurs? If you answered “yes, yes and YES!” you are invited to 4.0’s Future Founder’s: Latinx in Education event via Zoom on 10/9 at 7:30pm CST. Come as you are and learn about our Tiny Fellowship, which offers the support, coaching and resources needed to turn your education idea into a scalable business (and did we mention up to $5,500 in funding?!)
- Founding When Life Be Life-ing | Wednesday, October 11, 12:00-1:00 p.m. CST: Do you have an idea to improve education, but are wondering how you can do ANYTHING more in a day? Are you struggling with illness, mental health, poor work life balance, Imposterism, or toxic productivity? If you answered yes to ANY of the following, this is the session for you. We will discuss Life, Wellness, and Founding. There will be a special focus on Founding with long-term illnesses or mental health issues! And don’t worry…I am one of you too! Join me, and let’s talk and learn more about 4.0’s Education Fellowship for entrepreneurs!