AR Technology Intern (paid) at New Reality Co
New Reality Co., the creative studio behind the critically-acclaimed virtual reality experiences Giant and Tree, is searching for AR Technology Intern(s) for our new AR experience Rainforest. We just received Epic Games’ MegaGrant and are beyond excited to begin production!
New Reality Co is a bicoastal studio currently all working remotely. The intern(s) will be joining a team largely based in the EST zone.
We are looking for folks who have:
- Thorough understanding of game engines and an appetite to learn things outside of your current expertise. We will be using Unreal Engine for this project, but your Unity knowledge will be a bonus, as you might imagine)
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken), attention to detail, and ability to collaborate closely with peers. Intern(s) will be working remotely with senior developers and other team members
- Comfortable with both AR and VR through a variety of headsets and mobile devices (HoloLens 2, Oculus Rift/Quest, Magic Leap, Leap Motion, iOS/Android, etc.)
- Familiarity with production pipelines involving Houdini, SpeedTree, Maya, C4D, and other third party softwares
- Familiarity with remote working tools as well as project management software: Google drive, Zoom, Discord, Trello, Basecamp, etc.
Big bonus if you have:
- Solid understanding of versioning control software (Plastic/Perforce/Git)
- Experiences creating procedurally-generated environments in AR/VR
- Knowledge on point cloud capture, photogrammetry, LiDAR, etc.
If interested, please send resume, cover letter, as well as your availability during the workweek to email@example.com with subject line: AR Technology Intern. We look forward to hearing from you!