GENDER AT WORK
Position: Social Media Marketing and Communications Intern
Classification: Part-time (10-15 hrs. a week) Volunteer (unpaid)
Reports to: Director of Operations
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and 3 professional references to
No phone calls please.
Be part of a new revolution in Gender Equality!
Gender at Work (G@W) is an international collaborative of women and men who work for gender equality through organizational strengthening and change.
We promote women’s empowerment, social justice and gender equality through institutional change by focusing on the institution’s culture, policies, leadership, structure and programs. This is accomplished by encouraging practical changes that have a direct, positive impact on workers and stakeholders alike.
As G@W’s Social Media Marketing and Communications Intern, you will be instrumental in leading the implementation of a new branding and outreach strategy that will deliver virtual, participant-driven content. Your work will strengthen bonds with our current communities and help bring new audiences to our website and resources.
If you’re passionate about this issue, are social media savvy and have the burning desire to hone your media advocacy skills, please contact us!
Please note this is an unpaid position. Expected hours are 10-15 hours a week and/or can be adjusted to abide by university requirements, if any.
1. Maintain plan for organization’s Internet and social media presence to include management of online groups.
2. Perform continuous enhancements and modifications to blogs, websites and social media outlets. This includes uploading articles, blog articles to the web and various social media sites.
3. Assess new standards, technologies and trends, and formulate plans for future enhancement to social media strategies.
4. Produces a consistent visual image including maintenance of templates and image archives.
5. Ensure images are delivered to the viewer at sufficient high speed and quality. 6. Creates image links and ensure links are up to date.
7. Troubleshoot and repairs bugs and problems.
8. Respond promptly to comments and email.
9. Provide metrics of traffic statistics, reports and comment feedback.
10. Research, write/edit and create layout for new articles and features.
11. Perform other duties, as assigned.
Must be social media savvy and understand how to build quality conversations as well as quantity of followers. Must be proactive, self-directed,and have a keen desire to find new ways to elevate the organization’s online presence and engagement. Must be comfortable working with colleagues within a largely virtual environment.
• Ability to balance multiple deadlines and complete tasks assigned on short but reasonable notice
* Ability to evaluate new and evolving social media technologies.
* Ability to utilize reporting tools for analysis of traffic, referral links and reader demographics (Google Analytics experience desirable)
* Knowledge and understanding of current editing, authoring tools, and related blog technologies.
* Experience with CMS software, Adobe Photoshop, MS Office (Powerpoint, Excel desirable) as well as Google Docs and/or project management software
* Proofreading and editing skills.
* Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
* Ability to write simply with a conversational, professional style.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
* Coordinate with key departments and compile feedback, metrics and external discussions related to website and other content.
* Collaborate with internal departments to enhance website features and presence.
* Act as ambassador and liaison for organization with the Internet community.
Degree or studies in communications, marketing, digital media or a related field.
Gender at Work is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.