Internship, Data Science Intern
Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Data Science Intern
Data Science Intern – New York Studio
Start Date: 6/11/18
End Date: 8/17/18
We are looking for exceptional interns to join our creative teams. Interns are treated like full time employees in the studio and work on active programs with project teams. The summer internships are paid and run for 10 weeks.
For an application to be considered, please submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
Deadline: Completed applications must be received by 11:59 PM PST, March 11, 2018.
As a Data Scientist specializing in algorithmic development, statistical analysis and database structures, your role is part scientist, part strategist, part engineer and part designer while being a hands-on consultant, producer, and organizer of experiments, proofs, and models that bridge the gap between creative design and the object data inference.
- You are responsible for driving platform research and experimentation, algorithmic development, data architecture, concept exploration, prototyping, and ideation within the creative process, yet informed by the scientific method.
- You lead efforts to identify and analyze current and future data-centric technology patterns and trends, perform in-depth investigation and experimentation with emerging platforms and frameworks, and identify new opportunities and business value for data innovation and differentiation with technology enablers.
- You collaborate closely with the creative organization to express design assets and artifacts in the form of data architecture summaries (ERD), analytical prototypes, technical proof-of-concepts, data ingest schemas, complex system modeling and machine learning system development.
- You provide relevant subject matter expertise across domains in the form of analysis recommendations, best practices, and data integration support to help ensure the intended data system is successfully realized in delivery and deployment.
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
The data science intern will possess a professional or academic exposure to data science concepts, mathematical modeling and computational tools on a variety of platforms, frameworks, and methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in the sciences, engineering, is required
- Base exposure to advanced proficiency in the following:
- Experience utilizing the scientific method (applied physics, math a plus)
- Conceptual understanding of various fields of advanced mathematics
- Linear algebra
- Differential equations
- System modeling
- Exposure to visualization tools
- D3js, WebGL, etc.
- Working knowledge of data science languages
- Conceptual understanding of various database structures
- Relational (SQL)
- Document (MongoDB)
- Graph (Neo4J)
- Column (Google BigTable)
- Strong skills and experience in effective collaboration and technical problem solving within multidisciplinary teams representing product or service owners and stakeholders, creative visual and interaction designers, business strategists, technology platform providers, software architects and engineers, quality assurance personnel, and operational support groups
- An exemplary attention to detail to accurately translate designs while maintaining a high level of code quality
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills along with experience in preparing and delivering documentation, proposals, presentations, and structured working sessions to all levels in a client organization